In the 21st Century, information is the most valuable currency
At Silk Contract Logistics, we understand the real value that technology can bring in providing innovative business solutions – for both our clients and our own people. That’s why we employ talented in-house IT professionals to develop cost effective, tailored information solutions.
So that we can manage your supply chain even more effectively, we have also invested in leading edge warehouse and transport management systems. Fully configurable and scalable, our systems allow us to cater for our clients’ individual requirements across all our key services.
Our systems seamlessly integrate our clients with our operations, supporting all transactions, from inbound goods to inventory management, order fulfilment to outbound handling, while incorporating all distribution requirements including proof of delivery, manifest, invoices etc
Our middleware platform allows us to integrate electronically with our clients and other 3rd party service providers, using a number of different communication protocols.
Our clients will enjoy the following benefits
• Inventory control and full traceability
• Real time online access 24/7 to enquiries and reports
• Processing efficiencies
• Internal resources & system features – allowing for timely solutions to all IT requests
• Proven technology – as the same systems operate successfully for all our clients
Silk Online service provides ‘real time’ visibility and reporting on all transactions. A secure web-based login allows customers to access their stock holdings, track orders and receipts.
This facility also provides live access to a wide range of information, including:
• Stock holdings by product, including the lot and batch number
• Receipt enquiry – view inbound products in real time
• Order enquiry – view the order status, whether being picked or dispatched and product line per order
• Proof of delivery – view and print signed PODs
• Running and scheduling a host of standard reports – can be emailed as a PDF or Excel file
For importers, we provide services from the moment goods arrive at an Australian port, right up to final delivery to the customer. We provide complete visibility in real time and handle all documentation and interfaces with all other third party service providers.
For exporters, we take care of goods from the end of the production line, right through storage, container pack and delivery to wharf.
Managed distribution solutions
We utilise a freight management system that manages, tracks and reports freight movements and is accessible online.
We also provide and manage a complete suite of logistics services for a number of our customers, assuming responsibility for all their inbound and outbound transport.
Value add capabilities
As well as providing our customers with customised supply chain solutions, our other practical and popular services include.
- Distribution centre solution design, implementation and execution
- Dedicated and multi-client warehouse facilities and management
- Management of client premises and equipment
- Complete e-commerce support package
- Container unpacking/packing
- Stock modifications, re-labelling stock items
- General re-work
- Multiple cross-dock scenarios
- Multiple storage strategies
- Unit and bulk pick processing
- Comprehensive reverse logistics processes
- Product batch recall
- Industry insights