In the 21st Century, information is the most valuable currency
How does Technology enable our Business?
At Silk Contract Logistics, our Technology is one of the key pillars for us to operate “The Silk Way” and critical to enable our business to strive to be the market leader of innovative supply chain solutions.
We offer our customers an end to end, ‘Port to Door’ solution that enables how we start with the collection of containers across multiple Ports across Australia to how we deliver Customer products directly into our Silk Warehouse facilities to how we ship product out of the facilities through ‘the last mile’ directly to the door of the end Consumer – end to end!
So that we can manage your supply chain even more effectively, we have also invested in leading edge warehouse and transport management systems, supported by local subject matter experts to ensure our solutions are fully configurable, scalable and secure to allow us to cater for our customers’ individual supply chain requirements.
Our middleware platform allows us to integrate electronically with our customers and other 3rd party service providers, using a number of different communication protocols.
Our clients will enjoy the following benefits
• Inventory control and Full traceability
• Inventory management
• Real time online access 24/7 to enquiries and reports
• Processing efficiencies
• Internal resources & system features – allowing for timely solutions to all IT requests
• Proven technology – as the same systems operate successfully for all our customer
Silk Online service provides ‘real time’ visibility and reporting on all transactions. A secure web-based login allows customers to access their stock holdings, track orders and receipts.
This web portal also provides live access to a wide range of information, including:
• Stock holdings by product, including the lot and batch number
• Receipt enquiry – view inbound products in real time
• Order enquiry – view the order status, whether being picked or dispatched and product line per order
• Proof of delivery – view and print signed PODs
• Running and scheduling a host of standard reports – can be emailed as a PDF or Excel file
For importers, we provide services from the moment goods arrive at an Australian port, right up to final delivery to the customer. We provide complete visibility in real time and handle all documentation and interfaces with all other third party service providers.
For exporters, we take care of goods from the end of the production line, right through storage, container pack and delivery to wharf.
Managed distribution solutions
We utilise a freight management system that manages, tracks and reports freight movements and is accessible online.
We also provide and manage a complete suite of logistics services for a number of our customers, assuming responsibility for all their inbound and outbound transport.
Value add capabilities
As well as providing our customers with customised supply chain solutions, our other practical and popular services include.
- Distribution centre solution design, implementation and execution
- Dedicated and multi-client warehouse facilities and management
- Management of client premises and equipment
- Complete e-commerce support package
- Container unpacking/packing
- Stock modifications, re-labelling stock items
- General re-work
- Multiple cross-dock scenarios
- Multiple storage strategies
- Unit and bulk pick processing
- Comprehensive reverse logistics processes
- Product batch recall
- Industry insights